Sunday, March 27, 2011

Costa Rica Bound for a little while longer....

Miami airport has had major delays due to a underground fuel fire and so STJES will be headed back to Chilamate for a couple of fun filled days and then an early flight out on Monday morning...

They will remain in good hands with WLS, Ms. Hytken, Mr. Wooden, Christopher, Meghan, Davis & family.

We'll keep blogging!

hi mom i miss you sooo much! tell Gracie i said hi! and tell daddy that im okay! I hope to see you on monday. Lots of Love
Tali

hey family, doing well and miss you guys soo much. See you guys on Monday! Please post the scores of the hockey games! Thanks!
Alexa

hey guys i miss u soooo much i was looking forward to coming home, but we will keep blogging. Keep blogging tha March madness scores  because theres no t.v. here!
love always
              Caelin
hey mom and dad. I miss you guys so much. I cant wait to be back home. Give the team good luck for me! I wish i could be there to participate! Love you!! Chris our guide will let you guys call me! looking forward to both of you guys talking to me and maybe even the soccer team i hope! that would make me really happy.
 Jenna

Hey mom and dad! I miss you guys so much and I cant wait till I see you and get back home. Tell Brittany, Ashley and Bentley that I cant wait to see them. Love you!!
-Kailey

hey mom and dad. i miss you guys so much. i hope i see you soon. tell tag, mackie, elsa, and fiki that i miss them. hope i see them soon. Cam- i got you a present. i hope you like it. i miss you.
-Brigid :-)

hi mom, dad, and grace. I miss you guys soooooo much! I hope i will see you on Monday! Je te manques beaucoup! I love all of you! Oh and tell Benny and Grainger i love them to I miss you!
-Ellen

Hi mom and dad I miss you so much and I cant wait to see you when i get back.  Tell cinnamon I said i miss her and i will bring her something back.  Dont worry i got you something also.
Miss and love you,
JT<3


This is Kailey and Jenna reporting from Chilemate, Costa Rica. Today was a crazy and emotional day for everyone. It started out with all of us waking up and making sure we were packed to go to the airport. We then went to breakfast and got the news that we were staying until Monday. For some of us it was good news and for others it was bad. For us, it wasn’t the best news because we missed our families and I (Jenna) had a soccer tournament. We got on a bus that was really big. It took us back to Chilemate. Once we got there, we went to our cabins, unpacked and played a couple games of volleyball with Caelin, Mr. Wooden, and Chris. After we finished the games, we headed to the van to go to a Tilapia Farm. At the farm, we had tilapia, fried yucca, vegetables, and fried plantains. It was delicious. I (Kailey) had not liked any fish before this but ended up loving it and eating the whole fish. Also Jenna, Caelin, and Ben ate the eyes of the fish which many of us thought was nasty. After lunch, we went fishing. Talli had never gone fishing before and she caught the most fish. She caught 5. Jenna caught two fish. Caelin caught 3 fish and one of them was humongous. Brigid and Kailey ran back and forth taking pictures of everyone and the fish they caught. Then we took a tour of the farm. We saw about two acres of pineapple. Then we walked down to a river and Caelin brought back bamboo as a souvenir. After we finished the tour we got back in the car to head back to the ecolodge. Once we got back, we each had about 10 minutes to talk on the phone to our parents. Our parents were scheduled at times to call us.  Jenna’s and my parents (Kailey) never called. We both were very sad. We then had a little free time to play cards and other games. Kailey and I (Jenna) were too sad to do anything. Mrs. Hytken then sent a personal email to Kailey and my (Jenna) parents saying to call at 8 their time. Our parents still didn’t call.  Then we had dinner and we had chicken rice, beans, pinto, salad, casserole, and chips. Then after dinner we had a little more free time and Jenna and I (Kailey) got   to call our parents on Skype. I called my parents and they answered. Jenna got the opposite response, her parents did not answer. Then about 20 minutes later they called and Jenna got to talk to them. After that, Chris taught each of us different magic tricks. Then we headed back to the cabin. Kailey and I (Jenna) played cards while others took showers. Then we went to bed.





5 comments:

Marcia said...

This is Cameron Thompson- That was a really crazy day, Brigid. Also, thanks for getting me a present. I can't wait until you get home. I love you. XO

Susan A said...

Ben, I can tell you are really missing us - NOT!!!
I know what a wonderful time you must be having - it's like when you and I were in Italy. We never wanted to come home. We wanted family to come there instead, remember?
I can't wait to see you on Monday night. I miss you a ton! Wags misses you the most. Wait until you see Zoey in her diaper - it's hilarious. We didn't get the snow that they were calling for, thank goodness.
Love you much,
XOXOXO
Mom

Eulonda said...

Hey Tali, I'll let Daddy know you're okay. Gracie kisses your picture on the computer screen. Adorableness! Hang tough. Mom will be there to pick you up at BWI tomorrow. Remember the Skyles Motto: A Skyles NEVER gives up! Love ya, Mommy xxox

Eulonda said...

Oh, and Tali, use some of JT's hair conditioner. I see you're scratching your braids on the videos. I know you just *LOVE* hearing that from Mommy on the blog.Nan-nanny-boo-boo :-D Love you, Pumpkin!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenna,

I could tell you were upset last night. I'm so sorry,it was later than you wanted to talk. Less than 24 hours I'll get to hug you.

Can't wait.

Love you, Mom